Here are a list of the most commonly asked questions. Don’t see your question? Use the form At the bottom of the page.
1) Will there be cell service?
Not all of the time. It depends on our location. In case of an emergency, we can get to service quickly. Our emergency contact number is: (406) 980-0862.
2) How are horses selected for riders?
Horses are paired with riders according to size and riding ability.
3) What will the weather be like?
In Montana, the weather changes dramatically and often. We change elevation throughout the week and recommend layering your clothing. Evenings are always cool.
4) Can you accommodate special dietary needs?
We can accommodate most needs. We do need to know ahead of time please.
5) Will we have a chance to purchase hats, clothing and gear that is needed on the drive?
Yes, but supplies are limited in Townsend. We recommend bringing as much with you as you can.
6) How long will I be in the saddle each day?
It varies each day. Be assured, you will get in plenty of riding. If you ever feel that you don’t want to ride, please let us know.
7) Will we be able to shower?
On the June cattle drive showers will be available Wednesday through the weekend. In August, showers are available all week.
8) Are there laundry facilities available?
9) If I drive instead of fly, is there somewhere to leave my vehicle?
Yes. Please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
10) Can I pay with a credit card?
Yes. We accept all major credit cards except Discover. We highly suggest you notify your credit card company that you will be making charges in Montana.
11) Will there be MHCCD merchandise available?
We have a merchandise store at Battle Creek. A limited supply of personal items are also available there.
12) Will there be medical staff on the cattle drive?
Yes. There is medical staff on every drive.
13) How many riders per wrangler/group?
We divide guests into groups of 4-6 people per wrangler. We try to group people according to ability.
14) I’m coming with a group. Will I be able to ride with them?
Usually. It will depend on your group’s size and everyone’s riding ability.
15) Will I need a fishing license?
If you would like to fish, you can purchase a two-day license here. You will need your ID card.
16) Should I tip the staff?
Our staff work very hard to ensure you have an excellent experience. Tipping your personal wrangler and any additional staff is always appreciated.